Important Note: Before you can use
TrackPack, you must have already made at least one Track using TrackStar. The e-mail
address and password that you used to make your Track will be used to
create your TrackPack account.
We strongly recommend
that you PRINT these instructions before beginning to use
TrackPack Button for Internet Explorer
Step 1: Prepare your Browser
A. Make sure your Links (or Favorites)
toolbar is showing. If it isn't showing, go to the View
> Toolbars menu and select Links
B. To move or resize the Links (or
Favorites) toolbar, click and hold the
word Links (or Favorites).
Then drag it until the toolbar appears how you want it.
C. To remove any unwanted buttons already in your
Links (or Favorites) toolbar,
right mouse click (or click and hold for Macs) on the button
and select Delete.
Step 2: Drag and Drop the TrackPack
A. Place your mouse pointer on the
TrackPack link above.
B. Press down the left
mouse button (on Macs, press the mouse button) and
C. Drag to the Links toolbar.
D. Find an open position on the Links
toolbar (in an open position, the mouse pointer may turn
into an insertion cursor or arrow).
E. Release the
mouse to place the button in your toolbar.
TrackPack is a safe link. Click "Yes" if your browser asks to
confirm the addition of a link that "may not be safe".
have just completed the installation of the TrackPack
Collecting sites in your TrackPack
(Internet Explorer on PC or Mac, Netscape on PC, or Netscape
version less than 6.0 on Mac)
Important Note: If you use Netscape on a Macintosh
(except for Netscape 6.0), the TrackPack site collector does not work
as described above. When you want to save a site in your TrackPack,
click on the TrackPack icon or link in your browser's Personal toolbar.
You will see it working and the only thing that will change is that
- Surf the web or search for information.
- Locate a web page you would like to use in a Track.
- Click on the TrackPack icon or link in your browser's Links,
Favorites, or Personal toolbar.
- A window will open and you will need to login with the e-mail
and password you use in TrackStar. Click Login.
- You will see a window with the title of the site and its URL
already in place. Add an annotation. Then click Add.
This site will be added to your TrackPack and will be available
whenever you make or edit Tracks.
- If you are finished using your TrackPack, click the Close
Window link. If you would like to organize or edit the
links in your TrackPack, click the Manage TrackPack
Use your mouse to put the cursor into the Location text field by clicking
the mouse over it, then push Return on your keyboard. You will then
be able to login and enter an annotation for the first site. Each
time you wish to save an additional site in TrackPack, you must select
the URL in the location bar so that it is highlighted, then click
Return on the keyboard.
- Go to TrackStar at
- Click the Login to Make or Edit A Track link.
- Login with your e-mail and TrackStar password.
- Click Manage My Tracks.
- Click Edit next to the name of the Track to
which you wish to add sites (e.g., if I want to add sites to my
Ancient Greece Track, I would click the Edit
option next to the name Ancient Greece).
- Make any changes you wish on the first page of the Track, then
- Click on the Add link icon
next to the link that you would like to place URL from your TrackPack
- This will open your TrackPack. Click the Add to Track icon
next to the site in your TrackPack that you like to use in your
- You will be taken back to your TrackPack and can then see that
the link has been added.
- When you have added all the sites you want to your Track, scroll
to the bottom of the TrackStar window and click the Save
Deleting Items from your TrackPack and Closing the TrackPack
- To delete sites from your TrackPack, go to your My Account
page, and click on the Manage link under the
My TrackPack section.
- Next to each site in your TrackPack there is a Delete button
looks like this
- You can only delete one site at a time, so repeate above steps
until you are finished.
Reminder: Whenever you are done with TrackStar or TrackPack,
please be sure that you log out of your account.