This brief overview of The Harlem Renaissance will introduce students to the subject of The Great Migration, the social atmosphere created in Harlem's African-American community at the time, and some of the variety of arts-related endeavours undertaken by African-Americans of the period.
Included in the project are:
1. A quiz about poet Langston Hughes.
2. An brief description of "The Harlem Renaissance", and short biography of writer Zora Neale Hurston.
3. Video about The Great Migration.
4. A consideration of William H. Johnson's painting "Street Life".
5. Video about Harlem's social scene in the 1920s.
6. Video of Bessie Smith performing.